2022 OHCE State Leader Lessons
Developing OHCE Member Enthusiasm, Suzette Barta and Gina Peek
How to Make Your Home Secure, Gina Peek
2022 OHCE District Leader Lessons
Diet and Inflammation, Janice Hermann
- PowerPoint with Script - Diet and Inflammation
- Teachers Guide - Diet and Inflammation
- Handout - Diet and Inflammation
Dealing with Stress, Kelsey Ratcliff and Megan Monteith
- PowerPoint - Dealing with Stress
- Outline - Dealing with Stress
- Handout - Dealing with Stress
- Evaluation - Dealing with Stress
2021 OHCE State Leader Lessons
Attracting Pollinators to Your Butterfly Garden, David Hillock
Promoting Diversity and Inclusion, Mike Stout
- Promoting Diversity and Inclusion in Your Community Through Dialogue (presentation)
- Teaching Outline
- Evaluation Form (completed evaluation forms go to Mike Stout)
2021 OHCE State Learning Sessions
Mindful Eating, Candy Gabel
- Mindful Eating (presentation)
2021 OHCE District Leader Lessons
Sharing Family and History Through Food, Barbara Brown.
Food is a part of the making and sharing of the family culture beyond holidays and celebrations. At this session we will explore ways to share family history with younger generations, and learn more about their lives while doing so.
- Sharing Family and History Through Food (presentation)
- Teacher’s Guide
- Evaluation Form (completed evaluation forms go to Barbara Brown)
- Recorded Lesson - Password: Qx+4AD^?
Immunizations and Vaccines: Benefits, Risks, and Effectiveness, Megan Monteith.
Learn the facts about immunizations and vaccines: how they are produced, what illnesses they prevent, and when you should get them. We will look at the benefits and risks of immunization, as well as dispelling the myths and misconceptions tied to vaccines.
- Immunizations and Vaccines (presentation)
- Three Reasons for Adults to Get Vaccinated (CDC fact sheet)
- Vaccines: Know what you need (CDC fact sheet)
- Evaluation Form (completed evaluation forms go to Megan Monteith)
- Recorded Lesson
2020 OHCE State Leader Lessons
Gut health. Dr. Janice Hermann, OCES Nutrition Education Specialist.
Education to Caregivers on services available to loved ones with dementia.
Dr. Kristopher Struckmeyer, OCES Caregiving Specialist.
- PowerPoint Presentation - What is "Normal" Aging?
- Presentation notes - Services for dementia caregivers
- Teaching outline - Services for dementia caregivers
- Oklahoma caregiver resources
- AAA map
- Avoiding scams
2020 OHCE District Leader Lessons
What is normal aging? Dr. Kristopher Struckmeyer, OCES Caregiving Specialist.
- Teaching outline - What is normal aging?
- Presentation notes - What is normal aging?
- Participant handout - What is normal aging?
Active listening for effective communication. Dr. Mike Stout, OCES Family and Community Policy Specialist.