- The State of Oklahoma Families - 2021
- Facts Sheets
- Oklahoma Gardening Recipes
- OCES News Release
- FCS Youtube Videos
Family & Consumer Sciences Extension Educators work through statewide issue teams to address health and hunger; safety and environment; finance and job readiness; and family and child resilience.
For Financial Educators
For Community Leaders and Policy Makers
For Clients Seeking Coparenting Classes
For Clients Seeking Food & Nutrition Information
- Community Nutrition Education Programs (CNEP)
- Cooking with Barbara Brown
Barabra Brown became the Food Specialist for the Oklahoma Cooperative Extension Service in 1981. She earned her bachelor’s and master’s degrees from Kansas State University in food and nutrition, a Ph.D. from Oklahoma State University in home economics and is a registered and licensed dietitian.
Barb’s goal is to help Oklahoman’s live healthier by teaching that good-for-you food, like fruits, vegetables and whole grains, can be easy to fix and taste good, too. Even the Brussels sprouts and lima beans. Find her archive of recipes here.
- Cooking for Kids
Cooking for Kids is a culinary training program for school nutrition professionals. During the summer months the program offers 3-day intensive skill development training for kitchen managers, head cooks and cooks; a culinary management training for school nutrition administrators. During the school year, eligible schools work with a consulting chef to address needs specific to the school. The program is funded by the Oklahoma Department of Education Child Nutrition Services.
The goals of the program are to increase freshly prepared foods in school meals, increase student participation in the programs, and positively influence stakeholders satisfaction.
Outcome evaluation has demonstrated fewer “convenience” prepared entrees and an increase in fast scratch prepared entrees and implementation of more salad bars.
Plate waste studies reflect these changes did not negatively impact students consumption of the entrée meal component, and increased consumption of grain, fruit and vegetable components.
Raising Oklahoma Videos
2019 Raising Oklahoma Videos
- January: Helping Children be Money Wise at All Ages (1/28/19 - All ages)
- February: Tech Awareness with Teens - 1 (2/25/19 - Teens)
- March: Tech Awareness with Teens - 2 (3/11/19 - Teens)
- April: Safe Sleep for Babies (4/22/19 - Infancy and Early Childhood)
- May: Summertime reminders on Screentime Guidelines! (5/20/19 - All ages)
- June: Temper Tantrums (6/17/19 - Infancy and Early Childhood)
- July: Family Mealtime (7/15/19 - All ages)
- August: Helping Kids Make Friends (8/12/19 - All ages)
Enlace Latino (Español)
- Enlace Lation Fall 2021
- Enlace Latino Summer 2021
- Enlace Latino Spring 2021
- Enlace Latino Winter 2021
View past issues on the Enlace Latino page.
Please contact your County Extension office if you have questions about any information you find in any of the links here.
- Family Resiliency
- Oklahoma Institute for Child Advocacy
- US Dept of Health & Human Services
- Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services
- SoonerStart - Oklahoma State Department of Health
- Disaster preparedness for families and youth
- Nutrition Health & Wellness
- Cook it Quick
- Kraft Foods
- Fight Bac
- Home Baking Association
- 3 a Day of Dairy
- Washington State Extension
- Food and Health
- University of Georgia Extension Diabetes Publications
- American Heart Association
- All Recipes
- American Beef Organization
- USDA Food Safety & Inspection Service
- Health & Human Services Lesson Plans
- USDA Food & Nutrition Information Center
- Food Reference
- Cook's Thesaurus
- Lancaster County Nebraska/nutrition
- Michigan State Extension/nutrition
- Dole Super Kids
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Kids Health
- Home Food Preservation
- National Center for Food Preservation
- International Food Information Council
- US Environmental Protection Agency
- Center for Disease Control
- Review Lab's Ultimate Cooking Resource Guide
- Family Economic & Well-Being
- Other Informative Sites