The Master Family and Consumer Sciences Volunteer Program
The Master Family & Consumer Sciences Volunteer Program provides core training that increases the capacity of Extension volunteers to help people make informed decisions, enhance their quality of living, and meet unique challenges affecting their families, farms, communities and the economy.
If you would like to achieve Master FCS Volunteer status:
- Please complete the Online Master FCS Volunteer Application Form. Your completed form will be sent to your county Extension Educator. If you need the paper version of the form, contact your county FCS Extension Educator. Contact information for your county FCS Educator.
- Complete the learning modules. Your FCS Educator will provide you with video links.
- After you have completed the modules (which will take about 3 hours plus some time to complete activities), complete the post-test. Your county educator will provide you with the password that is necessary to access the post-test located at the bottom of this page.
- Your County FCS Educator will be informed of your score on the post-test. You must make at least 80% to pass.
- If you are approved for Master FCS Volunteer status, your FCS Educator will contact you to set up a meeting time during which you will need to sign a Volunteer Agreement Form and watch OSU's Working with Minors video. (Or watch it now.)
- Your county FCS Educator may choose to not accept you as a Master FCS Volunteer based on reference checks, background check, personal interview outcome, or county needs.
Links to Educational Modules
Modules are based on original work by Montana State University in 2013-2014. Original educational modules and other resources are still available at their site
Module 1: History of Cooperative Extension
Module 2: Leadership and Public Policy
- Module 2: Lesson 1
- Handout for Module 2 Lesson 1
- Module 2: Lesson 2
- Handout for Module 2 Lesson 2
- Module 2: Lessons 3 and 4
- Handout for Module 2 Lesson 3
Module 3: Marketing and Branding Extension
A password is required for the post-test. Please contact your County Extension FCS Educator. If a written version is required, your educator will have access to that as well. Please make sure you have completed the Master FCS Volunteer application prior to taking the Post-Test.