Ottawa County 4-H
Oklahoma 4-H is dedicated to helping Oklahoma youth, families and communities reach their full potential. By providing hands-on programming and events in a large variety of projects, 4-H is not only helping youth learn the life skills they need to be the leaders of tomorrow, but it is also teaching its members they can lead today and can make tangible, significant changes in their clubs, their communities, their state and their world.
Whether you enjoy working with animals, building robots, taking photographs, singing or even collecting bugs, Oklahoma 4-H has a place for you and – if you put forth the effort – will give you a firm foundation to succeed in life, no matter what career path you choose!
4-H Clubs in Ottawa County
- Afton 4-H Club
Leader is Kirby Marino.
Meetings 2nd Wednesday, after school, Mrs. Marino's classroom.
For more information contact the OSU Extension Office - (918) 542-1688
- Commerce/Quapaw 4-H Club
Currently needing an adult volunteer for this club. For more information contact the OSU Extension Office - (918) 542-1688
- Fairland 4-H Club
Leader is Kathy Brock
Meeting dates and times will be announced at later time : For more information contact the OSU Extension Office at - (918) 542-1688
- Miami 4-H Club
Leader is Jamie Foster.
Meetings are 2nd Monday each month at 5:30 PM in the Courthouse Annex Room, next to the Extension Office. For more information contact the OSU Extension Office at - (918) 542-1688
- Wyandotte 4-H Club
Leader is Kathy Brock.
Meeting dates and time will be announced at a later time. For more information contact the OSU Extension Office at (918) 542-1688
- Ottawa County Shooting Sports Club
OCSS is for youth ages 9-19 that live or go to school in Ottawa County. The youth must be enrolled in 4-H to participate.
Ottawa County Shooting Sports
- Certified Shooting Sports Coaches are required to attend a 2-day training in the discipline they would like to be involved with.
- Archery, Air Rifle/Pistol, .22 Rifle/Pistol, Muzzleloader, Shotgun, Western Heritage, & Hunting & Wildlife.
- Each County must also have a County Coordinator.
- Contact Ottawa County OSU Extension (918) 542-1688 for more information
- Certified Coaches
- Matt Crafton-Archery
- Dale Smith-Shotgun
- Mike Williams-Shotgun
We need more adult volunteers! If interested, please contact the office!
Shotgun- must be at least 10 years old
Every Sunday @ 2 pm
Shawnee Skies- 11245 S 705 Rd, Wyandotte, OK ( off of State line road, Hwy 10)
All participants must have a 4-H Enrollment form, Medical Forms, and a parent/guardian present.Members must also have hunter safety cards.
- Ottawa County Horse Club
Want to join the OCHC? Enroll in 4-H online! Follow the next links.
- 4-H Enrollment
- Facebook: OCHC Ottawa County 4H Horse Club
- The 2023 Schedule is yet to be announced. Follow the Facebook page for live updates!
- Ottawa County Dog Club
Classes start the first Tuesday after Miami school is out in May. They will be held every Tuesday evening at 6:30 at the Miami Fairgrounds up until the fair. To be eligible to compete at the dog show during the fair, you and your dog must participate in 3 classes, and all dogs must have current shots.
Dog Club leader is Deanna Steinbach.
For more information contact the OSU Extension Office at (918) 542-1688
Sign up to receive Ottawa County 4-H Newsletters
4-H Links & Forms
Access to forms, registrations, scholarship information, Record books.
- Ottawa County Record Book page - Due date July 10, 2023
- Ottawa County Point sheet - Turn in with County Record Books
- OHCE Scholarship Form - Turn in with County Record Books
- 4-H Youth Council Election Form - Turn in with County Record Books
- County Fair Special 4-H Participation Award - Keep track of all Fair exhibits. Due by NOON Thursday during the Fair!
- 4-H Judging Certification Form - To be filled out before any judging contest
- ON-Trac - For 4-H Leaders to plan local club meetings.