Ottawa County 4-H
Oklahoma 4-H is dedicated to helping Oklahoma youth, families and communities reach their full potential. By providing hands-on programming and events in a large variety of projects, 4-H is not only helping youth learn the life skills they need to be the leaders of tomorrow, but it is also teaching its members they can lead today and can make tangible, significant changes in their clubs, their communities, their state and their world.
Whether you enjoy working with animals, building robots, taking photographs, singing or even collecting bugs, Oklahoma 4-H has a place for you and – if you put forth the effort – will give you a firm foundation to succeed in life, no matter what career path you choose!
4-H Clubs in Ottawa County
- Afton 4-H ClubMeetings dates and times will be announced at a later date. For more information contact the OSU Extension Office, (918) 542-1688
- Commerce/Quapaw 4-H Club
Currently needing an adult volunteer for this club. For more information contact the OSU Extension Office, (918) 542-1688
- Fairland 4-H ClubLeader is Kathy Brock : Meeting dates and times will be announced at later time : For more information contact the OSU Extension Office at (918) 542-1688
- Miami 4-H ClubLeader is Jimmy Cox. Meeting dates and times will be announced at a later time. For more information contact the OSU Extension Office at (918) 542-1688
- Wyandotte 4-H ClubLeader is Kathy Brock : Meeting dates and time will be announced at a later time. For more information contact the OSU Extension Office at (918) 542-1688
- Ottawa County Shooting Sports Club
OCSS is for youth ages 9-19 that live or go to school in Ottawa County. The youth must be enrolled in 4-H to participate.
Ottawa County Shooting Sports
- Certified Shooting Sports Coaches are required to attend a 2-day training in the discipline they would like to be involved with.
- Archery, Air Rifle/Pistol, .22 Rifle/Pistol, Muzzleloader, Shotgun, Western Heritage, & Hunting & Wildlife.
- Each County must also have a County Coordinator.
- Contact Ottawa County OSU Extension (918) 542-1688 for more information
- Certified Coaches
- Jimmy Cox--.22 Rifle/Pistol & Air Rifle/Pistol, Shotgun, & Archery
We need more adult volunteers! If interested, please contact Jimmy or the office!
Air Pistol/Rifle, .22 Pistol/Rifle, & Archery Must be at least 9 years old.
Every Tuesday, 6:30pm, Miami Fairgrounds
Shotgun. must be at least 10 years old.
Shawnee Skies- 11245 S 705 Rd, Wyandotte, OK ( off of State line road, Hwy 10)
All participants must have a 4-H Enrollment form, Medical Forms, and a parent/guardian present.Members must also have hunter safety cards.
- Ottawa County Horse Club
- Junior Master Gardener Club
Open to all 4-H members.
Club leader Mary Martin. Club meetings are held through Zoom the 1st Monday of the month at 4:00pm. For the Zoom link contact the OSU Extension Office at (918) 542-1688
- Animal Science Club
Club Leader Mary Martin
Club meetings are the 3rd Monday of every month at 4:00pm
- Ottawa County Dog Club
Classes start the first Tuesday after Miami school is out in May. They will be held every Tuesday evening at 6:30 at the Miami Fairgrounds up until the fair. To be eligible to compete at the dog show during the fair, you and your dog must participate in 3 classes, and all dogs must have current shots.
Dog Club leader is Deanna Steinbach.
For more information contact the OSU Extension Office at (918) 542-1688
- January 2021
- February 2021
- March 2021
- May 2021
- June 2021
4-H Forms & Awards
Access to forms, registrations, scholarship information, Record books.
- 4-H Ritual
- State Record Books-- TBA
- Ottawa County Record Books-- Due date July 9 2021
- Ottawa County Point sheet--Turn in with County Record Books
- OHCE Scholarship Form--Turn in with County Record Books
- 4-H Youth Council Election Form--Turn in with County Record Books
- County Fair Special 4-H Participation Award--Keep track of all Fair exhibits...Due by NOON Thursday during the Fair!
- 4-H Judging Certification Form--To be filled out before any judging contest
- ON-Trac--For 4-H Leaders to plan local club meetings.