Grady County Family & Consumer Sciences
Oklahoma Home and Community Education (OHCE)
We believe the family should come first in the life of the individual, the community, and the nation. We will build our homes on love and mutual respect. We shall endeavor to discover the potential in our children and our neighbor's children and to help them develop their personalities in such a manner that they make a worthwhile contribution to life.
We shall maintain high standards in our homes through research and education to promote better use of our environment and better living conditions for all.
We shall encourage a faith in a God of love who is forever revealed through natural laws and human personalities.
We shall have faith that strong leaders shall go forth from our homes and communities, carrying with them throughout the universe the ideals which we have proclaimed.
The emblem is a circle suggesting the continuity of life in our state, our homes, and our community education. The single candle symbolizes the unity of goals and purposes of our organization. The candle emphasizes the saying Ait is better to light just one little candle and through unity light the world. The edge of the seal has 77 bites of light between the cogs representing all the counties of Oklahoma. This all forms a work wheel that our members have put their shoulders against and thus turns our world into a better society. Standing behind the candle is our great state of Oklahoma.
Grady County OHCE Groups
- Rural Neighbors - 3rd Wednesday
- Rosalie Bush - (405) 224-4934
East of Chickasha
- Friend - 3rd Wednesday
- Sue Gilliam - (405) 574-2761
- Lucile/Blue Bonnet - 1st Tuesday
- Donna Standridge - (405) 574-2890
- Springcreek - 5th Thursday
- Carla Feuerborn - (405) 222-8225
- Ninnekah - 2nd Wednesday
- Louise Vander Lugt (405) 222-3588
How Do I Sign Up?
Call one of the group presidents listed or the OSU Extension Service at (405) 224-2216
to attend a meeting. There is an organized group in most areas of Grady County
- Master FCS Volunteer Program
- Grady County OHCE Community Service Patterns:
- Member of the Year applications
- Depression & Anxiety - May 2020 OHCE Leaders Lesson
- Financial Education Tool Kit
- Bank Part of Your Tax Refund
- Valentine's Party Healthy Snack Ideas
- Prepare for Emergencies
- Make Safety a Priority During Halloween Celebrations
- Credit Freeze – One Measure to Protect Your Credit Report
- Is Earthquake Insurance for You?
- Salad in a Jar
- Oklahoma Home and Community Education, Inc (OHCE)
- Co-Parenting for Resilience - State Website with Registration information
- OCES/FCS Ambassadors Endowment Form
- OSU Food and Nutrition Information
- OSU Food and Nutrition Information for Schools
- Oklahoma Homebuyer Education Association
- National Center for Home Preservation
- Oklahoma Poison Control Center
- Web Resources
- OSU Fact Sheets