Poultry Waste Management Education
The Poultry Waste Management program from OSU Extension features classes, a newsletter and an informative website. These resources were created to help Oklahoma’s poultry producers and poultry waste applicators by providing convenient access to poultry waste management education schedules, regulatory information, related publications and local Extension contacts.
- For more information about Oklahoma's poultry waste management regulations, visit
the Oklahoma Regulations page.
- Go to the publications page to view, print or download more related materials, including past issues of Poultry
Practices, the OSU Extension industry newsletter.
- Oklahoma Litter Market serves as a FREE communication resource that lists sellers and service providers
of poultry litter. Marketing poultry litter to more distant nutrient-deficient areas
or for further processing offers one solution to the litter surplus issue associated
with high production areas. The Oklahoma Litter Market participant listings are added
and maintained throughout the year. Download the Oklahoma Litter Market brochure. Contact Rachel Allen email@example.com to add or update your listing.
- Schedules for the Poultry Waste Management classes are posted for each spring and fall session, and the internet site will be updated as quickly as possible with locations, dates and times.
2020 Fall Poultry Waste Management Education Classes
In order to continue with the 2-hour PWME classes this Fall we are offering you the opportunity to attend virtually using Zoom, but this is only due to the COVID-19 pandemic and we will resume in-person classes hopefully next year.
If you have internet for you to receive credit it is imperative that you:
- Pre-register by choosing which date and time to attend (click on link and you will be emailed with the information to join the meeting once you have registered):
- You must download the Zoom desktop client or mobile client as you will not be able to join using the web client.
- When you log in to watch using the link you will sign in using your first and last name. You will be required to watch the presentation in its entirety to get credit as we will be able to see how long each person is there. As a reminder, if you are more than 15 minutes late ODAFF will not allow us to give you credit for the class.
- Attendees will then receive your certificate by email in the weeks following the class as proof you attended for your records.
If you DO NOT have internet you will be allowed to watch the presentation individually by scheduling a time with your local County Oklahoma State University Extension Office After October 15th. You will not be able to just walk-in. You must have an appointment in advance and wear a mask.
Please keep in mind these offices will have limited appointments available and attendance must be before December 15th to receive credit for 2020, so do not wait until the last minute as their schedules will be filling up quickly.
Don’t forget to sign in on the sheet and you will be given your attendance certificate before you leave. If you do not sign in, you will not receive credit. Again, these times are reserved only for those who Do Not Have Internet.
Initial 9 Education
If you are required to have the I-9 we will be scheduling those for in person attendance for 2 different locations and dates (we will limit registration numbers so that we can socially distance). Please see these flyers with important information and who to contact to register.