Areas of Expertise
Forage and Pasture Management
Poultry Waste Management
Consumer Horticulture and Farmers Markets
Rural Economical Development
Youth Forestry Programs
I am an educator because I love agriculture and McCurtain County. I enjoy assisting others to become successful in their agricultural endeavors and making McCurtain County a better place to live. I see it as my mission to provide unbiased, research-based information beneficial to the people in our community. Increasingly, I see my role as also assisting people as they sift through the information and misinformation available via electronic means so they can make the best decisions for their individual household, farm or business operation.
I am a proud graduate of Valliant High School, and hold an associate of science degree from Eastern Oklahoma State College; and bachelor and master of science degrees in agricultural education from Oklahoma State University.
- Master Cattleman
- Initial 9 Hour Poultry Waste Training
- 2 Hour Poultry Waste Update Training
- Gardening Festival
- Horticulture Short Course
- Tri-County 4-H Camp (Latimer, LeFlore, McCurtain)
- Red River Leadership Institute (joint program with AR, LA, and TX)
- Four States Cattle Conference (joint program with AR, LA, and TX)