2023 Lahoma Field Day
Thursday, May 25, 2023
This week on SUNUP:
- Amanda De Oliveira Silva, OSU Extension small grains specialist, gives a quick wheat update and then discusses how the variety trails are performing at the North Central Research Station at Lahoma.
- Wes Lee, OSU Extension Mesonet agricultural coordinator, explains how to use the Mesonet’s drift risk advisor tool. State climatologist Gary McManus says more rain could be in the future.
- Brett Carver, OSU Wheat Genetics Chair, begins his annual Lahoma Field Day variety demonstration.
- Kim Anderson, OSU Extension grain marketing specialist, explains why there has been recent movements in the crop markets.
- Mark Johnson, OSU Extension beef cattle breeding specialist, says analyzing your production system can help cattle producers identify traits of economic importance.
- Finally, Shannon Ferrell, OSU agricultural law specialist, says it’s important for producers to focus on their mental health given all the challenges many have faced the past year.