Avian Influenza Spread, Recent Precipitation & Cattle Markets
Saturday, March 26, 2022
This week on SUNUP:
- Dr. Rosslyn Biggs, OSU Extension veterinarian, discusses the ongoing spread of avian influenza cases in the country and explains how taking sound biosecurity measures to keep your flock safe.
- Wes Lee, OSU Extension Mesonet agricultural coordinator, analyzes the impact recent precipitation had on the latest rainfall maps. State climatologist Gary McManus breaks down how those recent rains impacted the drought situation in the state
- Derrell Peel, OSU Extension livestock marketing specialist, explains the impacts Russia’s war with Ukraine is having on cattle markets here in the U.S
- Josh Lofton, OSU Extension cropping systems specialist, provides an update on how the canola crop is progressing throughout the state
- Kim Anderson, OSU Extension grain marketing specialist, discusses the latest changes in the crop markets
- Mark Johnson, OSU Extension beef cattle breeding specialist, finishes up his latest series in modern genetic prediction.
- Finally, we remember the life and legacy of Dr. Robert Whitson.
Join us for SUNUP:
Saturday at 7:30 a.m. & Sunday at 6 a.m. on OETA-TV