Washington County Family & Consumer Sciences
The goal of Family and Consumer Sciences is to help Oklahoma’s families, youth and individuals develop and grow in safe and healthy ways. This is approached through research-based education that focuses on building upon our understanding of the different aspects of their lives and how they affect others. We survey the population in Oklahoma in each county through issue scanning and our local program advisory committees (PACs) to learn about their needs and how we can help provide education that helps people improve society and the economy.
We work closely with Extension’s 4-H to support positive youth development in the state. We work together as issue teams to bring the best science to solving problems and enhancing lives.
Co-Parenting for Resilience
The Oklahoma Cooperative Extension Service in Washington county offers the Co-Parenting class to Nowata, Osage and Washington County residents and other interested individuals needing to fulfill the requirement to complete a divorce when children are involved. The class is offered typically the second Monday of every other month (except during the month of December) at the Washington County Extension office.
Additional Programs & Services
- Disaster Preparedness
- Wild Game Food Safety
- 100th Anniversary OCES quilt
- Housing Information
Oklahoma Home and Community Education
OHCE is an organization committed to education about family and consumer issues, community service, and bringing friends together. OHCE members are adults of all ages and gender who are interested in continuing their education in family life skills.
The OHCE Oklahoma College Scholarship Form is now available to download and submit! There will be two $750.00 scholarships provided
by OHCE, Washington County.
Deadline: June 1, 2022 at 4:30 p.m.
Program of Work Committees
- Leadership Development
- This area refers to any activity that develops and enhances the quality of leadership attributes, leadership abilities and leadership attitudes of an individual or organization.
- Cultural Enrichment
- Our goal is to enrich lives and lives of those around us by being more involved in our culture and preserving our past.
- Family Issues
- Our goal is to help families unite and improve community life.
- Healthy Living
- Our goal is to promote community awareness for healthy living.
- Our emphasis is to increase overall membership and create a passion for OHCE in our current membership. Our goal is to recruit new members and instill a renewed interest for OHCE in our current membership.
- Resource Management
- Our main focus areas are on resource management and the environment.