Hughes County Family & Consumer Sciences
Family and consumer sciences is an academic discipline that combines aspects of social and natural science. Family and consumer sciences deals with the relationship between individuals, families, and communities, and the environment in which they live. The field represents many disciplines including consumer science, nutrition, parenting, family economics and resource management, human development, interior design, textiles, apparel design, as well as other related subjects.
Co-Parenting Through Divorce
The Co-Parenting Class is a 4-hour class that teaches parents how to help their children adjust to changes in their family lifestyle.
The Parenting Class consists of child development and parenting techniques to help parents help their children with challenges and solutions as they grow. We discuss parenting, ages and stages of development, building the bond, non-violent discipline skill, avoiding accidents and problems, rules, choices and consequences and power of encouragement according to age. Participants receive practical research based information from handouts, videos, panels and/or discussion.
Please fill out the registration form. Then click on the class you need to fill out that pre-survey form. Return all before class starts.
- Active Parenting - The First Five Years, Ages 0-5
- Active Parenting Now - Ages 5-12
- Active Parenting of Teens - Ages 13-18
- Active Parenting for Step & Blended Families
- Tuesday, January 17, 2023
- Monday, January 23, 2023
- Friday, February 3, 2023
- Tuesday, February 7, 2023
- Wednesday, February 15, 2023
- Wednesday, February 22, 2023
- Tuesday, February 28, 2023
First Five Year - 9am-10am
Active Parenting(5-12yrs) - 10am-12pm
Teen - Call to set up
- Please arrive 20 minutes early to complete registration packet if not already turned in prior to class.
- If you have not attended and are planning to, please call ahead of time to verify class schedule as schedule dates are subject to change.
- In case of inclement weather please listen to your local radio or call the Extension office to see if class will be held.