Craig County 4-H
The mission of the 4-H Youth Development Program is to provide Oklahoma youth, families, and communities with educational programs which will create environments for diverse audiences of youth and adults to reach their fullest potential. In support of this mission we will:
- Provide community based experiential learning through clubs, school enrichment, special interest programs, and mass media.
- Help youth develop skills that will benefit them throughout life.
- Foster leadership and volunteerism for youth and adults.
- Build internal and external partnerships for programming and resource development.
- Strengthen families and communities.
- Use research-based knowledge and the land grant university system and other sources.
4-H Clubs in the County!
There are seven 4-H Clubs in Craig County! For contact information, call the Craig County OSU Extension Office at 918-256-7569.
- Equine Excellence 4-H - Corinne Bridgeman, Leader
- Golden Rocket 4-H - Cindy Harris & Allison McGuire, Leaders
- Hall Halsell Cloverbuds - Dianna Just & Carolyn Piguet, Leaders
- Helping Hands 4-H - Kathy & Jeff Wood, Leaders
- Handy Helpers, Cloverbuds - Kathy & Jeff Wood, Leaders
- Superior 4-H - Kim Woodward, Leader
Youth can be a member of any 4-H Club in the county! Just choose one! In fact, you can be a member of more than one club if you like, such as a regular 4-H club and a special project (horse, cattle, etc) club.
To help you decide which club to join.....
Equine Excellence: This active horse club meets once a month in the Vinita area. Leaders Corinne Bridgeman is teaching horsemanship, competitive events, horse judging and more! Cloverbuds and 4-H'ers are welcome! Contact Corinne at 918-915-0132.
Golden Rocket 4-H: This club meets on a monthly basis at the Civic Center in Welch on the 2nd Thursday of each at 6:30 p.m. Cloverbuds and 4-H'ers welcome! The leaders are Cindy Harris and Allison McGuire. They can be reached at 918-541-0642 or 918-407-9077.
Hall Halsell Cloverbuds: This is a group for members from 5 - 8 or 9. They meet in the Jump and Jive Center at Hall Halsell Schools once a month. The leaders are Dianna Just (918-244-5654) and Carolyn Piguet (918-244-0864)
Helping Hands 4-H: This club meets on a monthly basis in the Vinita area, usually at the Fairgrounds. The club is active in citizenship projects. All those excited about becoming 4-H'ers are welcome. The leaders are Jeff & Kathy Wood. You can reach them at 918-244-6102 or 918-256-6103.
Handy Helpers: This is a Cloverbud group for members aged 5-8. The club meets on a monthly basis in the Vinita area, usually at the Fairgrounds. Many participants are the younger siblings of members from the Helping Hands 4-H Club. Leaders are Kathy & Jeff Wood. You can reach them at 918-244-6102 or 918-244-6103.
Superior 4-H: This club meets on a monthly basis in the Ketchum area. 4-H'ers and Cloverbuds are welcome! The leader is Kim Woodward and she can be reached at 918-323-1905.