Feeding Cotton, Science of Spicy & Mesonet Drought Update
Thursday, October 20, 2022
This week on SUNUP:
- Dave Lalman, OSU Extension beef cattle specialist, offers guidance for producers who are feeding or grazing cotton.
- Wes Lee, OSU Extension Mesonet agricultural coordinator, breaks down the recent cold front. State climatologist Gary McManus says the recent rainfall made a slight dent in the drought monitor.
- Cortney Cowley, Federal Reserve economist, discusses supply chain issues at the recent Rural Economic Outlook Conference.
- Mark Johnson, OSU Extension beef cattle breeding specialist, explains how to prepare for financial opportunities when turning calves into yearlings.
- Kim Anderson, OSU Extension grain marketing specialist, believes there are profit opportunities for wheat producers if they can get the crop established.
- Darren Scott, OSU food scientist, explains what makes peppers spicy.
- Finally, a look back at a SUNUP favorite featuring the fury protector of the plains: the guard dog.