Soil Fertility, Rabies Virus & Calibrating Feed
Saturday, November 5, 2022
This week on SUNUP:
- Brian Arnall, OSU Extension precision nutrient management specialist, has soil fertility guidance for wheat producers.
- Wes Lee, OSU Extension Mesonet agricultural coordinator, discusses the total daily average solar radiation for the year so far. State Climatologist Gary McManus looks back at the month of October and how the recent rains impacted the drought monitor.
- Mark Johnson, OSU Extension beef cattle breeding specialist, talks with Parker Henley, OSU Extension beef seedstock management specialist, about fall vaccinations in cattle herds.
- Kim Anderson, OSU Extension grain marketing specialist, gives condition reports for Oklahoma crops.
- Barry Whitworth, OSU Extension veterinarian, discusses the recent uptick in rabies cases in the state and says livestock producers need to be extra careful when handling sick animals.
- We travel to Noble County for an OSU Extension workshop that helps producers determine how much or how little feed they’re giving their herds.
- Finally, we highlight the 2022 Ferguson College of Agriculture Distinguished Alumni and OSU Agriculture Champions. Dr. Tom Coon recognized the esteemed group at the recent OSU Agriculture Honors ceremony.
Join us for SUNUP:
Saturday at 7:30 a.m. & Sunday at 6 a.m. on OETA (PBS)