Chickasha Field Day, Cattle Vaccinations & Volunteerism
Thursday, May 5, 2022
This week on SUNUP:
- Brian Whitacre, OSU Extension rural economic development specialist, has information about an income-based federal program that offsets monthly internet bills.
- State climatologist Gary McManus says even though the higher than normal temperatures are in the forecast, rain chances may come with those hotter days.
- Gary Strickland, OSU Extension southwest regional agronomist, explains why the diversity of research at the Chickasha Wheat Field Day, and other field days is so important.
- With a case of Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza confirmed in a commercial flock in Sequoyah County, SUNUP has information on how and where to report a suspected case of HPAI.
- Kim Anderson, OSU Extension crop marketing specialist, has an update about what’s happening in the wheat market.
- Amanda de Oliveira Silva, OSU Extension small grains specialist, shows us how the wheat is performing in Chickasha.
- SUNUP invites viewers to the Lahoma Field Day on May 13.
- Mark Johnson, OSU Extension beef cattle breeding specialist, talks with Rosslyn Biggs, OSU Extension beef cattle specialist, about vaccinations in cattle herds.
- Josh Bushong, OSU Extension northwest area agronomist, explains how the recent drought conditions have impacted weed growth in wheat fields.
- Finally, SUNUP travels to Tulsa County to learn about the National Extension Conference on Volunteerism and hear about the latest trends on giving back.
Join us for SUNUP:
Saturday at 7:30 a.m. & Sunday at 6 a.m. on OETA-TV