Livestock Pests, Pond Management & Dam Structures
Saturday, May 14, 2022
This week on SUNUP:
- Justin Talley, OSU Extension livestock entomologist and department head, says the recent hot days with high humidity are the perfect environment for tick and flies to grow and spread.
- Wes Lee, OSU Extension Mesonet agricultural coordinator, reports record temperatures in parts of the state. State climatologist Gary McManus gives us a look at the latest drought monitor map.
- Derrell Peel, OSU Extension livestock marketing specialist, says it’s not too late for pasture conditions to improve.
- SUNUP debuts the show’s new website.
- Kim Anderson, OSU Extension grain marketing specialist, breaks down the numbers in the wheat, corn and soybean markets.
- Mark Johnson, OSU Extension beef cattle breeding specialist, has information estrous synchronization programs.
- Marley Beem, OSU Extension associate aquaculture specialist, explains why it’s important to keep an eye on your ponds after heavy rainfall.
- Finally, the partnership between the USDA and the OSU Water Resources Center to use the latest mapping technology to study the structural integrity of dams.