Super OSU Turfgrass & Grazing Oats
Friday, February 10, 2023
This week on SUNUP:
- Alex Rocateli, OSU Extension forage systems specialist, discusses planting spring oats as a forage option.
- Wes Lee, OSU Extension Mesonet agricultural coordinator, shows the rainfall accumulation and fractional water index maps. Then, Gary McManus, state climatologist, has the new drought monitor.
- Eric DeVuyst, OSU Extension Farm & Ranch Management Specialist, has guidance on the financial consequences of grazing wheat past first-hollow stem.
- Kim Anderson, OSU Extension grain marketing specialist, analyzes the latest WASDE report, as well as current and forward contract wheat prices.
- Mark Johnson, OSU Extension beef cattle breeding specialist, asks producers whether it’s time to reprogram herds after years of challenges.
- A reminder about the national 988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline and OSU Extension’s farm stress resources.
- In Vet Scripts, Barry Whitworth DVM, OSU Extension Food & Animal Quality Health Specialist, offers advice on purchasing chicks and using biosecurity measures for backyard chicken flocks.
- Finally, OSU turfgrass variety Tahoma 31 is installed for the Super Bowl game at State Farm Stadium in Glendale, Arizona.
Join us for SUNUP:
Saturday at 7:30 a.m. & Sunday at 6 a.m. on OETA (PBS)