Drought Decisions, Extension Tools & Winter Calving
Saturday, February 5, 2022
This week on SUNUP:
- Derrell Peel, OSU Extension livestock marketing specialist, helps producers plan for making tough decisions should the drought continue to worsen.
- Courtney Bir, OSU Extension farm management specialist, looks at decision making and farm financial planning tools available through OSU Extension.
- Wes Lee, OSU Extension Mesonet agricultural data specialist, talks about the extreme weather resources available, such as the Cattle Comfort Advisor. Gary McManus, state climatologist, shows us data from the drought monitor and the past two months of below-normal rainfall.
- Kim Anderson, OSU Extension grain marketing specialist, provides a great overview of Oklahoma crops by reporting on data from the USDA National Agricultural Statistical Service.
- Mark Johnson, OSU Extension beef cattle breeding specialist, offers guidance on successful winter calving and tells us what is needed in a calving kit.
- John Long, OSU Extension agricultural engineer, discusses supply chain issues affecting prices and the availability of new and used farming equipment.
- Finally, we invite viewers to check out the February Rancher’s Thursday Lunchtime Webinar Series, to enroll in the upcoming Pecan Management Course and to tune in for the new season of Oklahoma Gardening on February 12 on OETA.