Wheat Progress, Snow Impact & Broadband
Saturday, February 12, 2022
This week on SUNUP:
- Amanda De Oliveira Silva, OSU Extension small grains specialist, has a progress report on Oklahoma’s wheat crop and advice on the arrival of first hollow stem.
- Dave Lalman, OSU Extension beef cattle specialist, follows up with guidance on nutritional needs for cattle after removal from wheat pasture.
- Wes Lee, OSU Extension Mesonet agricultural data specialist, looks at the moisture impact from last week’s winter storm. Gary McManus, state climatologist, shows us the latest drought monitor.
- Mark Johnson, OSU Extension beef cattle breeding specialist, explains how to recognize, treat and prevent what’s known as hardware disease in cattle.
- Kim Anderson, OSU Extension grain marketing specialist, analyzes current prices and the latest USDA-WASDE report.
- Kris Hiney, OSU Extension equine specialist, discusses the spring transition period for mares.
- Finally, Brian Whitacre, OSU Extension rural economic development specialist, provides an update on broadband expansion in Oklahoma.