OQBN Updates, Cooler Weather & Honoring Dr. Larry Sanders
Saturday, August 20, 2022
This week on SUNUP:
- We welcome the new program coordinator for the Oklahoma Quality Beef Network, Paul Vining, and learn details about upcoming sale dates.
- Wes Lee, OSU Extension Mesonet agricultural coordinator, discusses the recent cool front that hit the state. State climatologist Gary McManus says the seasonal drought outlook could improve in the coming months.
- Derrell Peel, OSU Extension livestock marketing specialist, says beef prices remain strong even with all the challenges in the markets.
- Kim Anderson, OSU Extension grain marketing specialist, discusses how drought is impacting summer crop prices.
- Mark Johnson, OSU Extension beef cattle breeding specialist, has recommendations for which cows to cull from your herd during drought.
- SUNUP previews upcoming sorghum field tours and a soil training event.
- Rosslyn Biggs, OSU Extension beef cattle specialist, has information on practicing good biosecurity measures during county and state fair season.
- Finally, we attend a recent event honoring Professor Larry Sanders and his extensive work with military veterans.