Heat Detection in Cows, Grain Markets & SUNUP Favorites
Saturday, April 23, 2022
This week on SUNUP:
- Mark Johnson, OSU Extension beef cattle breeding specialist, discusses how to detect heat in cattle.
- Wes Lee, OSU Extension Mesonet agricultural coordinator, has information on the long-term rainfall averages in the state. State climatologist Gary McManus analyzes the latest drought monitor map.
- Kim Anderson, OSU Extension grain marketing specialist, explains why grain prices have descended into a bit of a lull.
- SUNUP revisits a story from last December explaining why virtual fencing has the potential to positively impact profits for cattle producers.
- Darren Scott, OSU food scientist, discusses the history of pressure cookers.
SUNUP invites viewers to the upcoming Tipton and Chickasha Wheat Field Days.
- We rewind to October 2020 and a visit to Garfield County to see the unique way volunteers are brightening up Main Street.
- Bobcat population research is the focus of a popular SUNUP segment from 2020.
Finally, SUNUP revisits a story from 2019 where a Woods County 4-H member has a special project to help those in need.
Join us for SUNUP:
Saturday at 7:30 a.m. & Sunday at 6 a.m. on OETA-TV