Wheat Fertilization, Crop Markets & Culling Cattle
Saturday, April 2, 2022
This week on SUNUP:
- Brian Arnall, OSU Extension precision nutrient management specialist, explains why yellow wheat can benefit from a fertilizer application. He also says it is essential to conduct soil tests before planting summer crops this growing season.
- Kim Anderson, OSU Extension grain marketing specialist, discusses the latest trends in the crop markets.
- Wes Lee, OSU Extension Mesonet agricultural coordinator, predicts the state will see normal spring temperatures in the coming weeks. State climatologist Gary McManus breaks down the changes in the drought monitor.
- Dave Lalman, OSU Extension beef cattle specialist, has advice for producers who may have make culling decisions if the drought continues.
- Derrell Peel, OSU Extension livestock marketing specialist, discusses the possibility of mass liquidation of cattle if the drought continues throughout the western U.S.
- We make a quick stop at the recent Agriculture Day at the Capitol in Oklahoma City.
Mark Johnson, OSU Extension beef cattle breeding specialist, talks about spring replacement heifer management considerations.
- Finally, we take you to Rogers County for the recent OSU Extension training session
for members of the 486th Civil Affairs Battalion. Army reserve soldiers learned how to handle livestock during a disaster.
Join us for SUNUP:
Saturday at 7:30 a.m. & Sunday at 6 a.m. on OETA-TV