Wheat progress, Rainfall update & Beef imports
Saturday, April 16, 2022
This week on SUNUP:
- Amanda Silva, OSU Extension small grains specialist, gives an update on how the wheat is progressing and talks about upcoming field days.
- SUNUP welcomes OSU Extension’s new wheat pathologist Meriem Aoun. She discusses the diseases recently observed on some varieties.
- Wes Lee, OSU Extension Mesonet agricultural coordinator, takes a look into the latest evapotranspiration maps. State climatologist Gary McManus discusses the possibility of rainfall in the next two weeks.
- Derrell Peel, OSU Extension livestock marketing specialist, explains which countries are the largest importers of beef.
- Amy Hagerman, OSU Extension agricultural policy specialist, has assistance information and resources for those impacted by the latest wildfires.
- Kim Anderson, OSU Extension grain marketing specialist, says the markets are the most volatile he’s ever seen.
- Mark Johnson, OSU Extension beef cattle breeding specialist, explains the process of heat synchronization in cow herds.
- Finally, Marley Beem, OSU Extension associate aquaculture specialist, talks about the important role ponds play in agriculture.
Join us for SUNUP:
Saturday at 7:30 a.m. & Sunday at 6 a.m. on OETA-TV