Bermuda Grass Management, Emergency Assistance & Wheat Progress in Grady County
Saturday, April 22, 2023
This week on SUNUP:
- Alex Rocateli, OSU Extension forage specialist, has advice for managing Bermuda grass pastures during the spring and summer months.
- Wes Lee, OSU Extension Mesonet agricultural coordinator, discusses the rainiest months of the year in Oklahoma and how certain areas differ from one another. State climatologist Gary McManus predicts another hot summer could be in our future.
- SUNUP learns what makes Tammy Lee a 2022 OSU Distinguished Alumna.
- Kim Anderson, OSU Extension grain marketing specialist, discusses the USDA’s latest crop conditions report.
- Mark Johnson, OSU Extension beef cattle breeding specialist, explains why selecting the right cow for your herd is so important.
- SUNUP travels to Grady County to meet with a producer and see how his wheat crop is progressing.
- With the recent devastating tornadoes, SUNUP has information about the OSU Extension Emergency and Disaster Preparedness resources to assist those affected by these storms.
- Finally, Dr. Damona Doye, OSU Extension associate vice president, has information on the upcoming OSU Agriculture Field Days.