Private Applicators License
On September 1, 2019, The Oklahoma Department of Agriculture, Food and Forestry (ODAFF) no longer offered paper testing for initial applicator certification or re-certification. This includes all commercial and non-commercial applicator categories. Private applicator testing began paperless testing on January 1, 2020.
- Cost for Exams
- $20.00 ODAFF Fee
- $45.00 Testing Center Fee
- Total $65.00 for Private Applicator
Reservations must be made by 6:00 pm the day before the scheduled exam. The earlier the better. Creating an account, registering for an examination and scheduling an examination are done on the PSI website, or by calling PSI's Oklahoma's Help Line 1-855-579-4643.
How Do I Recertify and When?
Each category is on a predetermined five-year certification cycle and is not based on the date you initially tested.
Private Applicator Recertification
Total Number of CEUs You Need Depending on the number of Years. Between the Year You Passed the Test and the Year Private Applicators Recertify (2023) Private Applicators were unable to obtain CEU’s in.
You cannot obtain CEU's the year you certify.
|Category||Tested Fall 2018||Tested in 2019||Tested in 2020||Tested in 2021||Tested in 2022||Tested in 2023||CEU's must be obtained in 3 out of the 5 years. Limit for 1 year|
|Private Applicator||20||16||12||8||4||Put in Next Cycle||10|
Who Keeps Track of Private Applicator CEU's?
- Short answer, the Private Applicator and ODAFF
- Longer answer, as of today, the Kelly System that tracks CEU’s for commercial/non-commercial applicators does not recognize private applicator numbers. Sometime in future, the Kelly System will be tracking CEU’s for Private Applicators.
- For the immediate future, Private Applicators need to keep a record for themselves or call Debbie Mandrell, (405) 522-5949, at the Oklahoma Department of Agriculture, Food and Forestry.