Check out this three-step recipe to a delicious zucchini pie!
- 9-inch pastry shell
- 3 medium zucchini (1 pound) sliced thin
- 2 green onions with tops, sliced
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium tomato, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup evaporated fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Prick bottom of pie shell and bake in preheated 450oF oven 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
- Sauté zucchini, onions and garlic in oil about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomato, green pepper, basil, salt (if using) and pepper. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender and liquid has evaporated, about 10 minutes. Spread vegetables evenly in shell.
- Beat eggs and evaporated milk until mixed; pour over vegetables. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake in preheated 350oF oven 30 minutes or until set.
|Nutrition Facts (without added salt)|
|Serving Size:||1/6 of recipe|
|Servings per recipe:||6|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 244||Calories from fat 126|
|% Daily Value|