These zesty beets make for a fun snack or side for any meal! If you like beets, you're going to love this recipe!
- 4 medium fresh beets
- 2 teaspoons margarine or butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, thinly sliced
- Cook beets with the skin on since the pigment is very water soluble. If greens are attached to beets, remove all but 1-1/2 inches of the stems, reserve greens for another use. Do not remove tail. Scrub beets thoroughly. Put beets in pan, cover with boiling water, cover with lid; reduce heat after beets start to boil. Cook 30 to 45 minutes depending on the size of the beets. Test for doneness by pricking only one beet with a knife. Beets are done with knife slips easily into the beet. Cool slightly, then peel. Slice beets.
- Combine remaining ingredients, except chives, and add to beets. Toss to coat. Sprinkle with chives.
Yield: 4 servings
|Servings Per Recipe: 4|
|Amounts Per Serving|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat: 2 g||3%|
|Saturated Fat: Trace Amounts||2%|
|Cholesterol: 0 mg||0%|
|Sodium: 145 mg||6%|
|Carbohydrate: 8 g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber: 2 g||10%|
|Protein: 1 g||3%|
*The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.