Winter Creamed Corn
Learn how to cook winter creamed corn and other vegetables in the a skillet.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green or yellow bell pepper or banana pepper
- 2 cups frozen yellow corn
- 1/2 cup evaporated skimmed milk
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion, optional
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium –high heat. Add onions and peppers and cook, stirring occasionally for 4 to 5 minutes, until onion is translucent.
- Add frozen corn and cook 2 minutes while stirring.
- Lower heat to medium and stir in evaporated milk. Cook 7 minutes or until thick and creamy, stirring often. Stir in salt and black pepper.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle with chopped green onions if using.
|Serving Size: 4|
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat: 4 g||6%|
|Saturated Fat: 1 g||3%|
|Cholesterol: 1 mg||0%|
|Sodium: 281 mg||12%|
|Carbohydrate: 27 g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber: 3 g||14%|
|Protein: 6 g|
*The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.