Make a delicious wiki rice to serve as a side dish to your favorite Asian style meat or fish.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 green onions, minced
- 1/2 cup canned, sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 cups mixed vegetables cooked to crisp tender stage
- 2 cups cold cooked brown rice
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Heat canola oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add garlic, ginger and green onions and cook about 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add water chestnuts and continue cooking another 1 minute.
- Add vegetables and continue cooking 2 to 3 minutes, stirring often, until vegetables are heated through.
- Add rice and continue cooking 3 to 5 minutes or until hot. Stir often.
- Add soy sauce and sesame oil. Stir will and serve.
|Serving Size: 1|
|Servings per Recipe: 4 (about 1 cup per serving)|
|Amount per Serving|
|Calories from Fat: 54|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat: 6 g||9%|
|Saturated Fat: 1 g||3%|
|Cholesterol: 0 mg||0%|
|Sodium: 197 mg||9%|
|Total Carbohydrate: 29 g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber: 2 g||10%|
|Protein: 4 g||13%|
*The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.