White Summer Chili
Craving a warm meal during the summer but wanting something light? White summer chili is the perfect meal for chili lovers who can't wait until winter.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil or vegetable oil
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 pinch chopped tomatillos
- 1/2 cup chopped poblano, Anaheim or banana pepper
- 2 cups cooked or 1 15-ounce can cannellini or other white beans, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup far free, reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 scallions chopped, both green and white parts
- Heat oil in a large heave pan over medium-high heat. Add ground turkey and cook until pink color is lost, breaking meat into smaller pieces with a wooden spoon as it cooks. Move meat to a bowl and set aside.
- Use the same pan to sauté onions until soft, 4 to 5 minutes. Add garlic and continue to sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add cumin, oregano, cloves and tomatillos and cook, stirring occasionally, until tomatillos soften, soften about 4 minutes.
- Add poblano pepper, white beans, cilantro, chicken broth and cooked turkey.
- Simmer, uncover, for about 10 minutes or to desired thickness. Stir in salt, pepper and live juice. Serve topped with chopped scallions.
|Serving Size: 1|
|Servings per Recipe: 4|
|Amount per Serving|
|Calories from Fat: 117|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat: 13 g||20%|
|Saturated Fat: 2 g||12%|
|Cholesterol: 73 mg||24%|
|Sodium: 445 mg||19%|
|Total Carbohydrate: 27 g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber: 7 g||26%|
|Protein: 32 g||65%|
*The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.