Watermelon Tomato Salad
A combination of two popular red fruits, this recipe provides a variety of flavors and is a great side dish for a summer meal or picnic.
- 2 large slicing tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups watermelon, cut in 1/2-inch cubes, seeds removed
- 4 basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Core tomatoes and cut each into 6 slices. Arrange on a platter or place three slices on each of four salad plates.
- Combine vinegar, oil, salt and pepper in a bowl. Mix well. Add watermelon and basil, toss gently to coat.
- Spoon watermelon over the tomatoes. Serve.
|Serving Size: 1|
|Servings per Recipe: 4|
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat: 4 g||7%|
|Saturated Fat: 1 g||3%|
|Cholesterol: 0 mg||0%|
|Sodium: 128 mg||5%|
|Carbohydrate: 15 g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber: 2 g||7%|
|Protein: 2 g||0%|
*The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.