Watermelon & Chicken Salad in a Jar
An eye-catching grab-and-go item take on this seasonal salad by layering all the ingredients in a Mason jar.
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chutney
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1-1/3 cups chicken breast, cooked, cooled and diced
- 1/3 cup diced or thinly sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 1/4 cup craisins
- 2 cups watermelon cut into half-inch cubes
- 1 cup jicama, peeled and cut into half-inch cubes
- 4 tablespoons chopped dry roasted cashews
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 4 pint canning jars
- Refrigerate cooked rice to cool if necessary.
- In medium bowl combine mayonnaise, chutney and curry. Stir in diced chicken, celery, red onion and craisins.
- Divide the cooked rice between the canning jars. Layer into each jar about 1/2 cup watermelon, 1/4 cup jicama, 1/3 cup chicken mixture, and a half cup shredded romaine lettuce. Sprinkle 1 tablespoons cashews on the top of the salad in each jar.
- Serve immediately or screw a two-piece lid on each jar and refrigerate.
|Servings Per Recipe||4|
|Amount per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||126|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat||14 g||21%|
|Saturated Fat||3 g||15%|
|Total Carbohydrate||46 g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g||24%|
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.