Warm Spinach and Strawberries Salad
Make a warm dressing at home to top your spinach and strawberry salad with homemade bacon bits.
- 10 ounces fresh spinach, washed, dried and stemmed
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced or halved
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and drained
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Tear clean dried spinach into bite-size pieces. Place in a large bowl. Add strawberries to spinach.
- Cook bacon in large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Drain bacon on paper towels. Discard drippings from skillet.
- Add oil to skillet and heat. Add onion; cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper. Bring to boiling. Remove from heat.
- Pour hot dressing over spinach and strawberries; toss well to coat. Crumble bacon and sprinkle over salad. Serve at once.
|Serving Size: 1/4 of recipes|
|Servings per Recipe: 4|
|Amount per Serving|
|Calories from Fat: 63|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat: 7 g||11%|
|Saturated Fat: 1 g||7%|
|Cholesterol: 5 mg||2%|
|Sodium: 309 mg||13%|
|Carbohydrate: 9 g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber: 3 g||13%|
|Protein: 5 g||9%|
"Warm Spinach and Pear Salad," http://www.recipelink.com