Vegetable Stir Fry
Make a delicious, healthy side dish to go with any grilled meat or fish meal by following this vegetable stir fry recipe.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup small broccoli florets
- 1 cup button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup carrot, peeled and thinly sliced on a diagonal
- 1 cup eggplant, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup green onions, including green part, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups red potato, cooked and sliced
- 1 cup plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or fat free, reduced sodium broth
- 1/4 cup tomato juice, low sodium
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped oregano or 1 teaspoon dried
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add broccoli, mushrooms, carrot, eggplant, and onions. Cook, stirring often, for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender-crisp.
- Stir in potatoes and tomatoes. Continue cooking, stirring gently to protect vegetable shapes, for 3 more minutes.
- Combine remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly. Add to skillet and cook another 5 minutes, until liquid begins to thicken. Serve immediately.
|Serving Size: 1%|
|Servings per Recipe: 4|
|Amount per Serving|
|Calories from Fat: 36|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat: 4 g||6%|
|Saturated Fat: trace||1%|
|Cholesterol: 0 mg||0%|
|Sodium: 29 mg||1%|
|Total Carbohydrate: 21 g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber: 21 g||16%|
|Protein: 3 g||6%|
*The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.