Enjoy this simple way to make a delicious vegetable ragout.
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup reduced sodium, fat free chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup baby lima, kidney or black beans
- Fresh or frozen*
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 pound yellow squash, halved lengthwise and cut in 1/2-inch pieces (about 1-
- 1/4 cups)
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- In a large skillet, cook garlic and onion in oil over medium heat, stirring until fragrant. Add broth, corn, beans, carrots and squash and cook stirring occasionally, until beans and squash are tender.
- Add tomatoes, dried herbs, salt and pepper; stir well. Reduce heat and simmer 2 minutes or until tomatoes are warmed through.
|Serving Size:||about 1-1/2 cups|
|Servings per recipe:||6|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 138||Calories from fat 27|
|% Daily Value|
*The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.