Vegetable Nut Pie
This vegetable nut pie is a delicious evening snack or side dish to a favorite meal.
- 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup sliced cauliflower florets
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup roasted pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 cup baking mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Spray a 10-inch pie plate with nonstick spray. Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Precook broccoli and cauliflower until almost tender, about 5 minutes. Drain well. Mix broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, onion, green pepper and cheese and put into pie plate. Top with roasted pecans.
- Beat together milk, biscuit mix, eggs, garlic powder and pepper. Pour over vegetables in pie plate.
- Bake at 400°F for 35-40 minutes. Let pie stand 5 minutes before cutting and serving.
|Servings per Recipe: 6|
|Calories from Fat: 162|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat: 18 g||28%|
|Saturated Fat: 2 g||11%|
|Cholesterol: 5 mg||2%|
|Sodium: 436 mg||18%|
|Carbohydrate: 25 g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber: 3 g||13%|
|Protein: 13 g||26%|
Modified from original source: “Best of the Best from Oregon” edited by G. McKee & B. Moseley, 2002. Quail Ridge Press, Inc., P.O. Box 123, Brandon, MS 39043