Italian night can now be friendly for people with all diet varieties, follow this recipe to make a delicious vegetable fettuccine that the whole family should love.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper strips
- 1 can (12 ounces) fat free evaporated milk
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper or to taste
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup fat free, reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 12 ounces fettuccine, cooked and kept warm
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add celery, onion and basil. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add broccoli and bell pepper. Cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes more until vegetables are crisp tender.
- Stir in milk, 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese and black pepper.
- Stir together cornstarch and chicken broth in a small bowl or measuring cup. Add to skillet; cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook 2 minutes more.
- Stir in peas. Serve over cooked fettuccine and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
|Serving Size: 1|
|Servings per Recipe: 6|
|Amount per Serving|
|Calories from Fat: 63|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat: 7 g||12%|
|Saturated Fat: 3 g||15%|
|Cholesterol: 13 mg||4%|
|Sodium: 421 mg||18%|
|Total Carbohydrate: 59 g||20%|
|Dietary Fiber: 4 g||16%|
|Protein: 20 g||41%|
*The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.