Tuna Apple Salad Sandwiches
Tuna apple salad sandwiches are refreshing and easy to make for a quick lunch or snack!
- 1 eating apple, about 1/3 pound, cored and chopped
- 2 tablespoons plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons reduced fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped unsalted pecans or walnuts
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 12 ounces canned light tuna, drained
- 8 slices whole grain bread
- 8 Bibb or other lettuce leaves
- Combine apple, yogurt, mayonnaise, dried cranberries, nuts, pepper and parsley in a medium bowl.
- Gently fold in drained tuna.
- Spread salad on four slices of whole grain bread. Top with lettuce leaves and remaining bread slices.
|Amounts Per Serving|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat: 11 g||17%|
|Saturated Fat: 2 g||8%|
|Cholesterol: 29 mg||10%|
|Sodium: 773 mg||32%|
|Carbohydrate: 46 g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber: 7 g||29%|
|Protein: 33 g||65%|
*The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.