Give your salad a bright, colorful look by adding sweet flavored tulips.
- 8 cups leafy greens
- 1/2 cup tulip petals picked from organic tulips
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced green onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teasppons sherry vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Wash lettuce and dry well. Place in salad bowl. Sprinkle with tulip petals.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a jar with a tight fitting lid. Shake together until well mixed. Tase and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Pour half of dressing over salad, toss well and serve remainder on the side or save, refrigerated, for another time.
|Nutrition Facts (without Tulip Petals and 1/2 of Dressing)|
|Serving Size: About 1.5 cups|
|Servings per Recipe: 6|
|Amount per Serving|
|Calories from Fat: 63|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat: 7 g||11%|
|Saturated Fat: 1 g||5%|
|Cholesterol: 0 mg||0%|
|Sodium: 54 mg||2%|
|Total Carbohydrate: 2 g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber: 1 g||4%|
|Protein: 1 g||2%|
*The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.