Tomato & Eggplant Gratin
Enjoy this tomato end eggplant gratin for a nice warm side with any meal.
- 2 medium eggplants (1-1/2 pounds)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 14 ounces ripe tomatoes, sliced (2 medium)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat broiler. Thickly slice eggplant and arrange in a single layer on a foil lined broiler rack. Brush with some olive oil and broil 15-20 minutes, turning once, until golden on both sides. Brush second side with oil after turning.
- Preheat oven to 400oF. Toss eggplant and tomatoes together in bowl with seasoning then pile into shallow oven-proof dish. Drizzle with remaining olive oil and sprinkle with cheese. Bake 20 minutes until cheese is golden and vegetables are hot. Serve immediately.
|Servings Per Recipe: 6|
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat: 11 g||17%|
|Saturated Fat: 3 g||13%|
|Cholesterol: 5 mg||2%|
|Sodium: 310 mg||13%|
|Carbohydrate: 9 g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber: 4 g||17%|
|Protein: 4 g||8%|
*The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.