Tomato and Basil Pasta
This easy to make pasta is a delicious alternative to store bought pasta sauce.
- 2 large fresh tomatoes, cored and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper6 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Mix first 5 ingredients and let set at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt. Drain pasta and add tomato mixture. Serve immediately topped with Parmesan cheese.
|Servings per Recipe: 4|
|Amount per Serving|
|Calories from Fat: 18|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat: 2 g||4%|
|Saturated Fat: 1 g||5%|
|Cholesterol: 4 mg||1%|
|Sodium: 368 mg||15%|
|Carbohydrate: 35 g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber: 2 g||7%|
|Protein: 8 g||16%|
Modified from original source: “Best of the Best from Oregon Cookbook,” Quail Ridge Press, P.O. Box 123, Brandon, MS 39043