Toasted Pumpkin Seeds
These pumpkin seeds are a great seasonal snack after carving pumpkins!
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoon salt*
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
- Separate seeds from flesh and strings by putting them in a colander, rinsing well and using hands to separate seeds. Rinse cleaned seeds.
- Put water, salt and cleaned seeds in saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Drain seeds. Cool briefly and blot dry.
- Preheat oven to 300oF. Spray a 4-sided baking sheet or pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine seeds with oil and Old Bay seasoning in bowl. Mix well. Spread seeds one layer thick on prepared baking sheet. Bake 30 to 40 minutes until seeds reach desired brownness, stirring every 5 to 10 minutes (may require more frequent stirring toward the end of baking). Cool before eating.
Yield: 1 cup roasted seeds
*adjust amount of salt to meet nutritional needs and flavor preferences.