Sweet Potato Soup
End the cold evening with a warm, homemade sweet potato soup.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon peeled, minced fresh ginger
- 4-1/2 cups fat-free, reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 15-ounce can no salt added cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- Heat a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add oil. When oil is hot add onion and sauté 4 minutes.
- Add sweet potatoes and ginger. Cook 2 minutes.
- Add broth, salt, pepper, cinnamon and beans and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- Use an immersion blender to blend until smooth.
|Serving Size: 1|
|Servings per Recipe: 6|
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat: 3 g||4%|
|Cholesterol: 0 mg||0%|
|Sodium: 537 mg||22%|
|Total Carbohydrate: 41 g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber: 7 g||26%|
|Protein: 13 g|
*The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.