Sweet Potato Nachos
Prepare a healthy side dish or snack with by following this sweet potato nacho recipe.
- 2 medium to large sweet potatoes cut into thin slices
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup canned black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper diced
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 large green onion finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400oF. Wash, peel, and slice sweet potatoes into very thin round slices. Place sweet potato slices in a large bowl and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. Arrange sweet potatoes on a sprayed baking sheet (or two) and place in the preheated oven. Roast for 15 minutes, remove from oven to flip sweet potato slices, and then roast for another 15 minutes until browned and crispy.
- While potatoes are roasting, drain/rinse beans, prep veggies and cheese. When potatoes are done, arrange roasted potato slices in the middle of one baking sheet and top with beans, veggies and cheese and place back in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove nachos from oven and top with green onions (optional) diced avocado. Serve with salsa and plain greek yogurt (extra protein!) for dipping. Enjoy!
|Servings per recipe: 4|
|Calories Per Serving||365|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||11 g||17%|
|Saturated Fat||4 g||19%|
|Monounsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||58 g||19%|
|Dietary Fiber||9 g||38%|