Sweet Potato Hash
Packed with nutrition and deliciousness, sweet potatoes are versatile and healthy. This sweet potato hash is a healthy, delicious, side dish that is easy to make and can even be a full meal.
- 1 large sweet potato, cut into ½-inch cubes, 2 to 2-1/2 cups
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 12 ounces cooked lean beef steak, roast, pot roast or deli beef roast, cut into 1/2-inch cubes, about 2-1/2 cups
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped cilantro or Italian parsley
- Heat large skillet, preferably nonstick, over medium heat. Add sweet potato, onion, taco seasoning mix and water. Cover and cook 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are crisp tender and water has almost evaporated.
- Stir in oil and continue cooking, uncovered, stirring occasionally, 4 to 6 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender and beginning to brown.
- While potatoes cook combine sour cream and hot sauce in a small bowl. Set aside until ready to serve.
- When potatoes are tender add beef to skillet. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until beef is heated through. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons water if necessary to prevent sticking.
- Garnish with cilantro or parsley. Serve with sour cream-hot sauce mixture.
|Serving Size: 1|
|Servings Per Recipe: 4|
|Amount per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||81|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat||9 g||14%|
|Saturated Fat||3 g||13%|
|Total Carbohydrate||26 g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g||14%|
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.