Sweet Brussels Sprouts
This is an easy way to add a healthy vegetable to any meal.
- 10 ounces Brussels sprouts
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 small shallots or 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Remove any yellow leaves from sprouts and trim bottoms. Cut a shallow X in the stem of each sprout. Bring about 2 inches of water to a boil in a 2 or 3 quart pot. Place steamer basket inside pot. Place sprouts in steamer. Cover and steam on high heat about 10 minutes, until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in medium skillet, heat oil. Add shallots or onion and sauté about 2 minutes. When sprouts are done, add to skillet.
- Add broth. Cover and cook over medium heat 2 minutes, until broth is absorbed. Season with nutmeg.
|Serving Size:||about 1/2 cup|
|Servings per recipe:||4|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 53||Calories from fat 18|
|% Daily Value|