Enjoy the fresh flavors of your homegrown vegetables by following this recipe to make a delicious summer salad.
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 medium fresh tomatoes (about 1-3/4 pounds), diced and drained
- 2 medium zucchini (about 3/4 pound), diced
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1-1/2 cups corn kernels*
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- Combine lemon juice, salt, oregano, garlic, chili powder, cumin and pepper in a large bowl. Whisk inolive oil.
- Add remaining ingredients to dressing. Cover, marinate at room temperature one hour or several hours in the refrigerator.
*Use frozen corn or fresh corn kernels that have been blanched for 3 minutes, then cooled in ice water and cut from the cob.
|Servings per Recipe: 6|
|Calories from Fat: 90|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat: 10 g||15%|
|Saturated Fat: 1 g||7%|
|Cholesterol: 0 mg||0%|
|Sodium: 196 mg||8%|
|Carbohydrate: 18 g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber: 4 g||14%|
|Protein: 3 g||7%|
Modified from original source: California Tomato Commission at http://www.eatcatomatoes.org/Consumer, accessed July 5, 2006