Summer Garden Salad
A recipe that is fresh and colorful, the perfect combination for a summertime salad.
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 2 young slicing cucumbers
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 medium sweet onion
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 pound crumbled feta cheese
- 6 olives, pitted and chopped
- Remove stem and core from tomatoes. Cut into wedges.
- Peel cucumber. Halve lengthwise. Cut into half-inch slices.
- Core and seed bell pepper. Cut into thin strips.
- Peel onion. Separate into rings.
- Place tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, onions and olives into a bowl.
- In a separate bowl or a jar with a tight fitting lid combine olive oil, vinegar mustard and salt. Whisk ingredients or attach lid to jar and shake until well blended. Pour dressing over salad.
- Just before serving sprinkle salad with feta.
|Serving Size: 1|
|Servings Per Recipe: 8|
|Amount per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||153|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat||17 g||26%|
|Saturated Fat||4 g||20%|
|Total Carbohydrate||8 g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g||7%|
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.