Summer Chicken Salad
Check out this fun twist on a traditional chicken salad.
- 1 cup medium barley
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 diced red bell pepper
- 1 diced green pepper
- 2 cups cooked chopped chicken breast
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook barley as directed on package and drain if necessary.
- If using fresh corn, cut from cob and blanch 3 minutes. For frozen corn, thaw and drain well.
- Combine cooked barley, corn, peppers, chicken and green onions in large bowl and toss.
- Combine remaining ingredients in small bowl and whisk to combine. Pour dressing over salad and toss gently.
- Chill in refrigerator 2 hours before serving.
|Serving Size:||1/6 of recipe|
|Servings per recipe:||6|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 321||Calories from fat 45|
|% Daily Value|