Stuffed Poblano Peppers
Give these stuff poblano peppers a try for the perfect side dish.
- 6 large poblano peppers cut a slice off lengthwise, then remove seeds and ribs
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground beef I use 90% lean
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 1 cup black beans rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup corn kernels thawed from frozen
- 15 ounce can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese divided use
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Lay the poblano peppers on the pan in a single layer.
- Bake the peppers for 10-15 minutes or until softened.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Add the ground beef and cook for 5-6 minutes, breaking up the meat with a spatula, until the meat is cooked through.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the packet of taco seasoning along with 2 tablespoons of water. Stir to coat the meat in seasoning.
- Add the rice, beans, corn, tomatoes and 3/4 cheese to the pan. Remove the pan from the heat and stir to combine.
- Divide the meat mixture evenly between the peppers. Top with remaining cheese.
- Return the peppers to the oven. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with cilantro, then serve.
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Vitamin A||1305 IU|
|Vitamin C||141.2 mg|